Re: "writable CTEs"

From: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Peter Geoghegan <peter(dot)geoghegan86(at)gmail(dot)com>, Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, marko(dot)tiikkaja(at)cs(dot)helsinki(dot)fi, peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
Subject: Re: "writable CTEs"
Date: 2010-12-29 21:28:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 07:09:14AM -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 12:45 AM, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org> wrote:
> > I don't see how people can be relying on links to 9.1-to-be's
> > documentation.
>
> Well, it's always handy when the filenames are the same across
> versions. Ever looked at the 9.0 documentation for something and then
> modified the URL to see what it looked like in 8.1 or something?

I have occasionally wondered if it would be possible to include in the
SGML references to the same (or equivalent) page in previous versions,
so that each page in the docs could reference the equivalent page in
other versions. That would be extremely useful when trying to work out
what works in your particular version.

I've never done anything serious with SGML, but it'd be cool if it was
possible.

Have a nice day,