Re: Restore problem

From: Leif Biberg Kristensen <leif(at)solumslekt(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Restore problem
Date: 2010-12-29 12:34:39
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wednesday 29. December 2010 13.18.40 Alban Hertroys wrote:

> Learning Vim is probably time well-spent, but until you do it's
probably not that good a tool for fixing your problem.

> Although Vim is indeed a very powerful editor, it's not particularly
easy to use. Unlike your usual editors like Notepad and friends, it's a
command-based editor, meaning you have to execute a command before you
can input or change data. It's an entirely different paradigm than what
you're probably used to (I may assume wrongly here).

Back when I used Windows, my favorite editor was EditPlus
(http://www.editplus.com/). It isn't free, but well worth the 35 bucks.

As a rather casual coder, I'm very satisfied with the simple editor
Kwrite in KDE. It's a sheer delight compared to Notepad.

regards, Leif