Re: Restore problem

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Bob Pawley" <rjpawley(at)shaw(dot)ca>, "Alan Hodgson" <ahodgson(at)simkin(dot)ca>
Subject: Re: Restore problem
Date: 2010-12-29 15:49:18
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tuesday 28 December 2010 8:45:14 pm Bob Pawley wrote:
> [...]

Version control is a good way of handling incremental updates to function
definitions when making changes to a live database. Also if the problem is one
of incompatible line endings than version control is not necessarily a
solution, you would just end up with multiple versions of the same problem:)
The point of a database dump is to capture the state of a database at a point
in time and recreate it, sort of a poor mans version control in itself.