BUG #5786: Cannot start pgsql8 application with Previleged account (Admin account)

From: "Jemshir A(dot)P" <jamsheer(dot)a(dot)p(at)Gmail(dot)Com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #5786: Cannot start pgsql8 application with Previleged account (Admin account)
Date: 2010-12-06 12:52:04
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 5786
Logged by: Jemshir A.P
Email address: jamsheer(dot)a(dot)p(at)Gmail(dot)Com
PostgreSQL version: pgsql8
Operating system: Windows Server 2003
(Admin account)
Details:

Hi Team,

We are the system administrator for the Windows server 2003 system and we
have an issue with an application running with "pgsql8". While starting the
application service, it is not getting strated if we are starting with any
account having admin rights. It is giving the common error message "Some
services will not strat if it has nothong to do". But we can strat the
service successfully with a local or domain account which is have only user
rights (Member of only users or only having user rights on the server).
Inshort the application services are starting only with under previleged
account.

Myrequirement is to start the application service with an account having
admin rights.

I have got this link which is discussing on almost similiar situation. But
cant understand it clearly.
Kindly explain me if it is a known issue.

http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/A-patch-to-pg-regress-for-Windows-po
rt-td2219653.html

Please guide me on this and let me know about the above error.

Your earlier reply will be higghly appreciable.

Regards,
Jemshir.A.P

In the application log of the server i can find the following even ID

Event ID - 0 Source - PostgreSQL Type - Error

Description :-

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( PostgreSQL ) cannot be found.
The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be
able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and
Support for details. The following information is part of the event:
Execution of PostgreSQL by a user with administrative permissions is not
permitted.
The server must be started under an unprivileged user ID to prevent
possible system security compromises. See the documentation for
more information on how to properly start the server.