BUG #5686: Problem connecting to server

From: "Maly Lemire" <maly(dot)lemire(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #5686: Problem connecting to server
Date: 2010-09-30 01:30:08
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 5686
Logged by: Maly Lemire
Email address: maly(dot)lemire(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.4.4-1
Operating system: Windows XP
Details:

If I install postgresql-8.4.4-1 on a computer where no previous installation
of protsgre have been made, I get a connection failed error when I log in
with PGAdminIII.

If I install postgresql-8.3.8-1 on the same computer, it works ok. Then if I
desinstall postgresql-8.3.8-1, and install postgresql-8.4.4-1, there is no
connection error anymore.

I've tried deleting postgres user, deleting progres files in program files
and reinstalling still no connection error.

I would like to be sure I could install 8.4.4-1 on a cumputer with windows
XP and that as no previous installation of postgre.

Thanks,
Maly Lemire