How to use by-passing the installation

From: "Marco Aurelio Zoqui" <zoqui(at)operamail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to use by-passing the installation
Date: 2010-09-25 19:41:07
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi All,
I'm a Windows MS C++ developer, and currently all my apps set are running in a not installable way. Users just uncompress a zip file to start using the programs.
PostgreSQL start/stop commands are also controlled by my application.

I would like to know if there is a way to make PosgreSQL ODBC connection by-passing the odbc driver installation?

Is it possible to directly use the files psqlodbc30a.dll / psqlodbc35w.dll when they are not listed/recognized by odbcad32.exe?

Marco