Re: trailing whitespace in psql table output

From: Roger Leigh <rleigh(at)codelibre(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: trailing whitespace in psql table output
Date: 2010-09-24 21:38:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 09:28:07PM +0300, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Everyone using git diff in color mode will already or soon be aware that
> psql, for what I can only think is an implementation oversight, produces
> trailing whitespace in the table headers, like this:
>
> two | f1 $
> -----+------------$
> | asdfghjkl;$
> | d34aaasdf$
> (2 rows)$

Does this break the output with "\pset border 2"?

IIRC when I was doing the "\pset linestyle" work, I did look at
doing this, but found that the padding was required in some
cases. I couldn't tell from looking over the patch whether or
not you were already taking this into account though?

Regards,
Roger

--
.''`. Roger Leigh