Re: identifying duplicates in table with redundancies

From: Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz <postgresql(at)numerixtechnology(dot)de>
To: "<pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: identifying duplicates in table with redundancies
Date: 2010-09-24 17:39:36
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello Oliveiros,

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 18:12:18 +0100
Oliver d'Azevedo Christina <oliveiros(dot)cristina(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

>Hey,Tarlika.
>I tried to reproduce your test case through a series of inserts and
>It seems that the lower case "d" went unnoticed.

I can assure you people up here (in Scotland) get quite upset about it!

It took me a while to get my head round your outer query with the
NATURAL JOIN between the student table and the nested query results. I
have done table joins before but this solution would not have sprung to
mind.

--

Many thanks,
Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz