Re: Which CMS/Ecommerce/Shopping cart ?

From: Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail(at)webthatworks(dot)it>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Which CMS/Ecommerce/Shopping cart ?
Date: 2010-07-29 05:04:08
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 18:56:56 -0400
Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> Ivan Sergio Borgonovo wrote:
> > Are there companies that offer drupal/postgres tuning?

> I am quite sure that Command Prompt would be happy and fully
> prepared to sell you Drupal + PostgreSQL tuning services. We also
> have some projects around it, and I'm sure other consulting
> companies or individuals do too. I'd predict that if you sent a
> message to pgsql-jobs saying you're looking to hire someone for
> that sort of work, you'd get a stack of responses from qualified
> people in the PostgreSQL community.

Sure. What I haven't been able to spot are drupal companies that do
drupal tuning when it is running with postgres.

Of course here on pg ml is not hard to find companies that won't
refuse to tune postgres even if you use it for drupal ;)

BTW up to my memory Django suggest postgres. I haven't seen any
benchmark of Django with pg vs mysql.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it