Re: pg_upgrade issues

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: depstein(at)alliedtesting(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgagarinov(at)alliedtesting(dot)com
Subject: Re: pg_upgrade issues
Date: 2010-07-09 16:59:26
Lists: pgsql-bugs

depstein(at)alliedtesting(dot)com wrote:
> Encountered another problem with pg_upgrade on Windows XP Pro:
>
> I was trying to migrate from 8.4 to 9.0beta2 without linking, and
> apparently there was not enough space on the hard drive. However,
> pg_upgrade didn't report any problems, and it looked for all the world
> as if everything went well. I only found out that not all files were
> copied to the new cluster when vacuumdb reported missing files and when
> I actually compared the sizes of the two clusters on the disk.

Thank you for the clear bug report. Magnus has diagnosed the problem,
and I am attaching the patch fix that will appear in 9.0 beta4.
Fortunately this problem only happens in copy mode, and only when the
copy fails, as you saw.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
/rtmp/diff text/x-diff 1.2 KB