Tablespaces

From: "CJ Combrink" <s25291930(at)tuks(dot)co(dot)za>
To: "PostgreSQL Novice List" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Tablespaces
Date: 2010-07-07 09:58:26
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

If I create a Database on a specified tablespace, will the tables etc
be placed in the same tablespace or do I need to specify it for each
creation.

I can set the default tablespace in the config file but that will be
for all databases. I want to have different databases on different
tablespaces.

Using PostgreSQL 8.4 on Ubuntu 10.04

Thank you,
Carel

This message and attachments are subject to a disclaimer. Please refer
to www.it.up.ac.za/documentation/governance/disclaimer/ for full
details. / Hierdie boodskap en aanhangsels is aan 'n vrywaringsklousule
onderhewig. Volledige besonderhede is by
www.it.up.ac.za/documentation/governance/disclaimer/ beskikbaar.