Re: Interpretability with xDBC specification

From: "Sumit Pandya" <sumit(dot)pandya(at)elitecore(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Interpretability with xDBC specification
Date: 2010-07-06 13:46:06
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Dear Oliver and Dave,
setQueryTimeout was just my startup hindrance and "dummy xDBC
compliance" was a virgin thought-process.
I'm not confident but 100% sure that there would be many other xDBC API
which are either partial or unimplemented.
It could be better if we prepare a table for "ALL" JDBS/ODBC API and
flag for Partial/Roadmap/Not compliance. Here I'm purposely not opting the
API where "Full" compliance is there. It is useful in a sense of doing
meaningful/required work with the subject.
Please excuse me if there is already such FAQ/White-Paper and in that
case share link. We could have that information filled with xDBC
specification version wise as below.
JDBC-ver API PostgreSQL-ver compliance Plan-Date
2.0 setQueryTimeout 8.2 P November
2010
9.0 R
September 2010
3.0 XAConnections 8.x N.A.
9.0 R
October 2010
3.0 BaseRowSet.setBlob(arg)
8.0 N.A.
9.0 F

In above reason for N.A. could be 8.x version doesnot have distributed
processing support and Blob type support respectively.

Trust me that I'm not here ONLY because I'm planning porting to
PostgreSQL. My intention is wide acceptability and clear migration towards
PostgreSQL.

Either of below links should be nice reference for compliance sheet
http://java.sun.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/sql/package-summary.html
http://java.sun.com/javase/7/docs/api/javax/sql/package-summary.html
http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr221/index.html