Re: Documentation and explanatory diagrams

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Rafael Martinez <r(dot)m(dot)guerrero(at)usit(dot)uio(dot)no>, pgsql-docs <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Documentation and explanatory diagrams
Date: 2010-07-02 21:28:05
Lists: pgsql-docs

Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Jul 2010, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> > Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com> writes:
> >> Excerpts from Peter Eisentraut's message of jue jul 01 21:52:00 -0400 2010:
> >
> >> Err, I dunno -- it's just an apt-get away for me, but what will Tom say
> >> when it doesn't work on his ancient HP-UX 10.20 system?
> >
> > I don't try to build the docs on that box anyway --- it does have
> > openjade but such an old version that they don't build. In practice
> > building the docs already takes much more modern infrastructure than
> > compiling the source code; and besides there are many fewer people
> > who care about doing it.
> >
> > A more interesting question is whether Marc can install a working
> > version of dia on whatever he uses to wrap the tarballs.
>
> that shouldn't be an issue ... Peter runs an update every 3 hours on that
> machine right now as it is ...

OK, everyone seems to like requiring dia. I wasn't sure how popular dia
was. One hack solution to allow builds without dia would be to create a
Makefile rule that creates empty PNG files to match the dia files.

Can someone provide the command-line to build the PNG files from the DIA
files?

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com