Re: Migrating from MySQL

From: Adrian von Bidder <avbidder(at)fortytwo(dot)ch>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Migrating from MySQL
Date: 2010-06-30 06:09:34
Lists: pgsql-general

Heyho!

On Sunday 27 June 2010 08.22:09 RP Khare wrote:
> I downloaded PostgreSQL plus advanced server from EnterpriseDB website.
> Should I go with the original community PGSQL edition or EnterpriseDB
> edition?

If you work on a Linux/BSD/... OS distribution with a sane package manager,
I always try to work with the version that comes with the distribution: you
won't have to care about security updates and the like, they'll just come in
with the OS updates.

Of course, on Windows (and commercial Unices?), you don't have that choice.

cheers
-- vbi

--
Could this mail be a fake? (Answer: No! - http://fortytwo.ch/gpg/intro)