Re: please help me. I can't pg_dumg DB

From: Bill Moran <wmoran(at)potentialtech(dot)com>
To: peeratat tungsungnern <peeratat_4521347(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: please help me. I can't pg_dumg DB
Date: 2010-06-04 12:17:52
Lists: pgsql-general

> My HDD has bad sector and i can change new HDD. I have a ploblem can't back up database and display massage is:
>
> pg_dump: SQL command failed
> pg_dump: Error message from server: ERROR: cache lookup failed for function 137832813
> pg_dump: The command was: SELECT tableoid, oid, adnum, pg_catalog.pg_get_expr(adbin, adrelid) AS adsrc FROM pg_catalog.pg_attrdef WHERE adrelid = '146944117'::pg_catalog.oid

When asking for help, it's generally worthwhile to provide _at_least_ the
version of PostgreSQL that you're using.

However, on a guess, I'm guessing it's a slightly older version that has
that limitation where cached names don't get cleared when the objects are
deleted. Try restarting PostgreSQL and see if that fixes the problem.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com