Re: Corrupted database - how to recover

From: Johann Spies <jspies(at)sun(dot)ac(dot)za>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Corrupted database - how to recover
Date: 2010-05-27 14:31:40
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 09:54:00AM +0200, Andreas Schmitz wrote:

> maybe you should consider using point in time recovery (pitr) if the
> database is mission critical.
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/continuous-archiving.html

Thanks. This is the first time I experienced this type of problem.
Fortunately the data was not that critical. I agree that pitr should be
a part of any mission critical setup.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies Telefoon: 021-808 4599

"All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and
him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out."
John 6:37