Re: List traffic

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: List traffic
Date: 2010-05-11 13:50:04
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-chat pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Simon Riggs wrote:

> Traffic on the PostgreSQL lists is very high now and I freely admit that
> reading every email is simply not possible for me, even the ones that
> mention topics that keyword searches tell me are of potential interest.
>
> If anybody knows of a bug or suspected bug in my code, I have no problem
> in being copied in on mails so that I can see the issues exist. I do not
> promise to respond to every mail I'm copied on, though, but it at least
> helps me manage the fire hydrant.

[ email only to hackers; admin and general email lists removed ]

I completely understand the problem of keeping up with the email lists.
Because you are a committer, I hope you will be able to monitor
post-commit feedback for patches you apply. Other than that, I can
collect bug reports related to your work and ask you to review a web
page occasionally. However, it is hard to do this during beta because
the bugs usually need to be addressed quickly.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com