Re: [9.0beta5/cvs head] build failure due to unchecked results

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Martin Pitt <mpitt(at)debian(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [9.0beta5/cvs head] build failure due to unchecked results
Date: 2010-04-30 12:43:20
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Friday 30 April 2010 13:56:11 Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On fre, 2010-04-30 at 12:55 +0200, Martin Pitt wrote:
> > Hello PostgreSQL developers,
> >
> > 9.0beta5 seems to enable -Werror by default (which is a good thing,
> > thanks!).
>
> You probably mean alpha5, unless you come from the future. ;-) That was
> actually a mistake in the packaging, which is why there is a -revised
> tarball available.
Isnt it a good idea to set this in the pre-release versions? It might catch
potential problems and people trying to compile unreleased software from
source should be able to change it/report a bug if necessary.

I wouldnt think of considering it for a release version, but thats a different
thing (as you will very likely use it with newer compilers and stuff)

Andres