BUG #5444: Database Backup Restore - Out of memory problem

From: "Chaminda Jayawardana" <wpgchaminda(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #5444: Database Backup Restore - Out of memory problem
Date: 2010-04-30 08:37:02
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 5444
Logged by: Chaminda Jayawardana
Email address: wpgchaminda(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.3
Operating system: Windows Server 2003
Details:

I have postgres sql database backup file around 1.4GB size. when I'm trying
to restore it, it is giving a following error message.

pg_restore: restoring data for table "cms_gib_image"
pg_restore: restoring data for table "cms_imagess"
pg_restore: [custom archiver] out of memory
pg_restore: *** aborted because of error

Process returned exit code 1.

generally we are taking weekly backups of our production server
databases(All the databases are Postgres sql 8.3) but now we are facing
problem of restore them.
Please advise us how to resolve this database restore problem.

Thanks
Chaminda Jayawardana