Re: code example wrapping

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: code example wrapping
Date: 2010-04-14 01:11:17
Lists: pgsql-docs

Erik Rijkers wrote:
> On Mon, April 5, 2010 19:29, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Here is plpgsql.sgml with reformatted code-examples for pdf readability
> (mainly split long lines; also fixed an concat error in one example).
>
> I've checked A4+US pdf's and html with these changes - they look OK, I think.

Also, I am looking at the PG9.0 Alpha 5 US-PDFs and see that the
archive_command example on page 511 is also too long and extends off of
the page:

http://www.postgresql.org/files/documentation/pdf/9.0/postgresql-9.0alpha4-US.pdf

and I bet my new test -f example is also going to go off the end once a
PDF is built now that we are using the directory name twice on the same
line. I have fiddled with that example for so long I am out of ideas. :-(

Also, is there any way to get a report of the lines that are too long?

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com