9.0 release notes done

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: 9.0 release notes done
Date: 2010-03-20 04:02:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I have completed the 9.0 release notes:

http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/release-9-0.html

I kept the 9.0-alpha release notes in the SGML because people might want
to compare them with the release notes I did, and because the
introductory text will be needed for the next alpha. Eventually we will
want to trim the alpha SGML and perhaps place it in a large comment
block for use for 9.1 alphas.

Interestingly the 9.0 release notes contain 201 items, while the 8.4
release notes contained 314 items. Of course we will be adding a few
more 9.0 items before 9.0 final, but not a lot. The only explanation I
can think of is that we were more focused during this release, and there
were fewer minor cleanups. The migration issues section, for example,
was significantly smaller than in 8.4.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

PG East: http://www.enterprisedb.com/community/nav-pg-east-2010.do