Order of pg_stat_activity timestamp columns

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Order of pg_stat_activity timestamp columns
Date: 2010-03-17 20:42:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Has anyone ever noticed that the order of pg_stat_activity timestamp
columns is illogical:

xact_start | timestamp with time zone |
query_start | timestamp with time zone |
backend_start | timestamp with time zone |

query_start is always between the other two timestamps. Moving
query_start before xact_start would make the most sense. I wouldn't
bring this up except we just added application_name before these
columns, so we are already going to have different column locations for
these fields in 9.0.

Should we move query_start?

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

PG East: http://www.enterprisedb.com/community/nav-pg-east-2010.do