Re: BUG #5372: insert into fails with integer expression type char error

From: gray(dot)pg(at)mailnull(dot)com
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5372: insert into fails with integer expression type char error
Date: 2010-03-12 22:58:10
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Ok. I've reproduced this but I now think that it isn't a bug.

My schemas initially weren't the symetric when I was using select *. Alas, when I did align my schemas later, I had already switched to specifying a column list which then did not match the column list in the table. An improvement might be to give the destination port name as well as the source. I was concentrating on this being a export issue not a column mismatch.

ERROR: column "b" is of type integer but expression is of type text

This would be better:

ERROR: source column "b" is of type integer but destination column or expression "a" is of type text

What do I need to do to cancel the bug? Sorry to waste people's time with this.

gray

This message was sent from a MailNull anti-spam account. You can get
your free account and take control over your email by visiting the
following URL.

http://mailnull.com/