Re: Putting index entries to XLog

From: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
To: Carsten Kropf <ckropf2(at)fh-hof(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Putting index entries to XLog
Date: 2010-02-28 11:36:11
Lists: pgsql-general

I didn't see an answer to this, so I thought I'd point out that you do
not need to do anything with XLOG to make a functional index. It is
only necessary when you want to make it crash-safe or work over SR.

But when you're building a new index type, making it crash safe is one
of the last things on the list. So unless you're really far I'd suggest
dropping everything XLog realted and coming back to it later.

Have anice day,