BUG #5330: No CREATE SYNONYM command

From: "zhuge" <zhuge_xiao(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #5330: No CREATE SYNONYM command
Date: 2010-02-17 05:41:45
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 5330
Logged by: zhuge
Email address: zhuge_xiao(at)yahoo(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.4.2
Operating system: Linux
Details:

I want to port from Oracle to PostgreS. But Postgres has no the command,
CREATE SYNONYM,
which exists in Oracle. I have read the information,
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2006-03/msg00085.php, and
download the file. However, I DO NOT know how to use the create synonym
command in Postgres. How can I to use that command? Please help me !

Thank you so much.
zhuge