Re: CommitFest Status Summary - 2010-02-14

From: Tim Bunce <Tim(dot)Bunce(at)pobox(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Tim Bunce <Tim(dot)Bunce(at)pobox(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: CommitFest Status Summary - 2010-02-14
Date: 2010-02-16 22:19:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 04:42:29PM -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Tim Bunce wrote:

> >>I will get this in, with changes as discussed recently.
> >
> >Here's a small extra patch for your consideration.
> >
> >It addresses a couple of minor loose-ends in plperl:
> >- move on_proc_exit() call to after the plperl_*_init() calls
> > so on_proc_exit will only be called if plperl_*_init() succeeds
> > (else there's a risk of on_proc_exit consuming all the exit hook slots)
> >- don't allow use of Safe version 2.21 as that's broken for PL/Perl.
>
> I have committed all the plperl changes that were under discussion,
> including this, and the change to the log level of perl warnings.
>
> Thanks for all your work, Tim, you have certainly given plperl a
> huge booster shot.

Thanks Andrew!

And many thanks to you and the rest of the PostgreSQL developers for all
your support/resistance/reviews along the way. The final changes are
certainly better in many ways (though not all ;-) from my original patches.

It's certainly been an interesting introduction to PostgreSQL development!

Tim.

p.s. One quick heads-up: David Wheeler has reported a possible issue
with Safe 2.21. I hope to investigate that tomorrow.