Re: Looking for Bill Huang; was Personal Copyright Notices

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Looking for Bill Huang; was Personal Copyright Notices
Date: 2010-02-16 20:38:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Some more _personalized_ copyright noticed have crept into our source
> > tree:
> >
> > /src/tutorial/basics.source Copyright (c) 1994, Andrew Yu, University of California
> > /contrib/intagg/Makefile Copyright (c) 2001 Digital Music Network by Mark L. Woodward
> > /src/port/rint.c Copyright (c) 1999, repas AEG Automation GmbH
> > /contrib/isn/isn.c Copyright (c) 2004-2006, Germn Mndez Bravo (Kronuz)
> > /contrib/isn/isn.h Copyright (c) 2004-2006, Germn Mndez Bravo (Kronuz)
> > /src/backend/utils/mb/Unicode/UCS_to_GB18030.pl Copyright 2002 by Bill Huang
>
> I have now dealt with all of these except the last one:
>
> > The UCS_to_GB18030.pl is a Perl script with this at the top:
> >
> > # Copyright 2002 by Bill Huang
>
> Does anyone know how to contact Bill Huang? Based on this posting:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-announce/2002-06/msg00003.php
>
> he lives in Japan and worked for Red Hat, and a Japan phone number is
> listed that I did not try. I did try emailing him at
> bill_huanghb(at)ybb(dot)ne(dot)jp and huang(at)redhat(dot)com but both emails returned
> failure messages.
>
> The perl file is 100 lines so it is possible to rewrite it if necessary.
> This same file was mentioned in 2007 so I think we should just find a
> solution to this:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-03/msg01446.php

I have been able to remove this last personal copyright thanks to
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum, who rewrote the perl script using another perl
script from the same directory that was created before the offending
file. Patch attached.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
/rtmp/diff text/x-diff 1.8 KB