Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Speed up CREATE DATABASE by deferring the fsyncs until after

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Speed up CREATE DATABASE by deferring the fsyncs until after
Date: 2010-02-15 08:36:31
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

On Monday 15 February 2010 08:13:32 Tom Lane wrote:
> I wrote:
> > The buildfarm indicates that this patch has got some serious issues.
>
> Actually, looking closer, some of the Windows machines started failing
> after the *earlier* patch to add directory fsyncs.
And not only the windows machines. Seems sensible to add a configure check
whether directory-fsyncing works.
But at least I am not capable of writing good m4/configure.in/whatever without
strong supervision...

Will try if nobody else with more knowledge does and if somebody will look
over it afterwards.

Andres