Re: Issues with LC_COLLATE, across 8.3/8.4 on various platforms

From: Achilleas Mantzios <achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Issues with LC_COLLATE, across 8.3/8.4 on various platforms
Date: 2010-02-03 09:01:52
Lists: pgsql-admin

Στις Tuesday 02 February 2010 17:37:05 ο/η Tom Lane έγραψε:
> Achilleas Mantzios <achill(at)matrix(dot)gatewaynet(dot)com> writes:
> > What is the shortest way to change the default locale on a production installation running PostgreSQL-8.3.9?
> > Is there anything less painful than dump, initdb,restore?
>
> No :-(

Thanx Tom,
taking into account that the large and most important DB in our installation (over 100Gb as SQL dump) lives in a tablespace of its own,
is there a way to "cheat" postgresql after initdb in order to see this tablespace and the database in it, avoiding the whole cycle?
i think this is not a good idea, i just thought i could ask, just to make sure.

--
Achilleas Mantzios