Re: Moving database cluster

From: "Joshua J(dot) Kugler" <joshua(at)eeinternet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Fernando Hevia" <fhevia(at)ip-tel(dot)com(dot)ar>
Subject: Re: Moving database cluster
Date: 2010-01-14 20:47:58
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thursday 14 January 2010, Fernando Hevia elucidated thus:
> An Ubuntu install creates a postgres cluster automatically on
> /var/lib/postgresql/8.4/main
> Whats the best procedure for moving this cluster to an other
> location? Should I just rerun initdb? What happens then with the
> default cluster or how could I delete it?

The easiest way is to shut down Pg, move the 'main' directory somewhere
else, and then point a symlink to the new location.

Joshua Kugler
Part-Time System Admin/Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0x14EA086E