Re: Testing with concurrent sessions

From: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
To: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Testing with concurrent sessions
Date: 2010-01-11 08:46:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 04:17:42AM -0000, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> > Because you'd have to build DBD::Pg against the new libpq, as you do
> > psql. That means you need DBD::Pg sources and the build environment for
> > Perl (headers etc) not just a working Perl runtime. Big difference.
>
> Yes, but that is what I was envisioning. As you point out, that's the
> only sane way to make sure we have a good version of DBD::Pg with
> which to test. As a side effect, it put libpq through some extra
> paces as well. :)

Is there a reason why you're suggesting using DBI? There is also the Pg
perl module which works as well and is one tenth of the size. It also
doesn't have external dependancies. It's just a plain wrapper around
libpq, which for the purposes of testing may be better.

http://search.cpan.org/~mergl/pgsql_perl5-1.9.0/Pg.pm

Have a nice day,