how much left for restore?

From: Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail(at)webthatworks(dot)it>
To: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: how much left for restore?
Date: 2010-01-08 10:28:15
Lists: pgsql-general

Is there a way to know/estimate how much is left to complete a
restore?
It would be enough just knowing which part of the file is being
restored (without causing too much extra IO, that will definitively
put my notebook on its knee).

Next time I try a restore on this box is there anything I could
tweak in pg config to make it faster?

For dev only... could I just stop the dev server, copy the *files*
on flash and mount them on the notebook?

thanks

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it