Re: pgFoundry

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: Lamar Owen <lowen(at)pari(dot)edu>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgFoundry
Date: 2005-05-16 18:45:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net> writes:
> One idea I've tossed around is requiring patches to include release
> notes, and then display the release notes on the web site as a "done so
> far" type of list. It doesn't get you what is under active development,
> but would get you a more up-to-date picture of changes as a release
> evolves.

We did do that (not very rigorously) during the 7.4 release cycle.
I'm not sure why we fell out of the habit again for 8.0. It seems
like a reasonable idea to me. I don't think I'd necessarily do it
exactly the way it was done before though --- rather than keep the
info in release.sgml, which is big and hard to edit already, maybe
a separate plain-text file would be easier to work with.