Re: parse tree to XML format

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: matt <nuc233(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: parse tree to XML format
Date: 2009-12-29 14:47:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tuesday 29 December 2009 15:30:00 matt wrote:
> [...]

Well, I didnt read carefully enough to recognize that you only want the parse
tree and not the post-optimization query plan. The latter one you can get by
using EXPLAIN (FORMAT XML) $query, but thats quite possibly not what you want
to get.

Other than setting debug_print_parse might be interesting - that does output a
pure text ormat though.

Another approach for such suggestions is to scan the statistic tables to i.e.
look for tables which are sequentially scanned or such.

Andres