Re: Can non-superusers use PgAdminIII for non-admin tasks?

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: kbanyas(at)nccs(dot)nasa(dot)gov
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can non-superusers use PgAdminIII for non-admin tasks?
Date: 2009-12-16 20:16:03
Lists: pgadmin-support

Le mercredi 16 décembre 2009 à 19:01:06, Ken Banyas a écrit :
> Guillaume,
>
> I receive NO error messages when attempting to connect to that server.
> The login screen does not give me an option to choose the user (kbanyas,
> in this case).

So you don't have an issue to connect to PostgreSQL via pgAdmin. You have an
issue to setup pgAdmin to connect as your unpriviledged user to PostgreSQL.

Launch pgAdmin. Right click on your server to get the contextual menu and
choose Properties. There is a field labelled Username. Put in it your
username. Click OK.

Next time you will connect to this server with pgAdmin, it'll ask the password
of this user.

Hope it helps.

--
Guillaume.