Re: BUG #5242: ODBC driver v8.4.1 crashed

From: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
To: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Gerhard Lutz <gerhard(dot)lutz(at)mbtech-group(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #5242: ODBC driver v8.4.1 crashed
Date: 2009-12-15 19:41:23
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 08:34:14PM +0100, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> >Stefan Kaltenbrunner escribió:
> >
> >>hmm - not sure that is too clear especially because I don't think
> >>ther is only JDBC/ODBC or pgadmin (nor do I think you names match up
> >>with how they are really called). what about doing it the other way
> >>round like:
> >>
> >>"This bug report form can be used for reporting bugs and problems
> >>with the PostgreSQL database, for problems with database connectors,
> >>graphical administration tools or other external projects please
> >>report to them directly. Alternatively you can look at the available
> >>more apropriate list available."
> >
> >I think it's a good idea to mention some specific more problematic names
> >like the three listed.
>
> yeah maybe - but afaik the products are not named "psql-odbc" or
> "pgsql-jdbc" - those are more or less list names and likely not of
> much more use than not listening them at all :).
> Plus a lot of the surounding projects (like pgadmin, slony or most
> pgfoundry projects) have their own bug/issue reporting/tracking
> infrastructure.
> I'm all open for better wordings - any other takers? :)

This bug report form can be used for reporting bugs and problems with
the PostgreSQL database, for problems with database connectors like
JDBC and ODBC, graphical administration tools like pgAdmin and
phpPgAdmin, or other external projects like Slony, Bucardo, etc.,
please report to them directly. In cases where you have a problem
with things outside the PostgreSQL database itself, check the
available <a href="/community/lists">mailing lists</a> and see if
there is a more appropriate list available.

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!