Re: Some questions on the backup window

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Some questions on the backup window
Date: 2009-12-15 09:06:00
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Le jeudi 10 décembre 2009 à 17:05:44, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
> Le jeudi 10 décembre 2009 à 16:40:32, Dave Page a écrit :
> > On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 3:34 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
> >
> > <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> [...]
> > If you want a treeview with checkboxes, you could look at what I
> > did for StackBuilder - for example the AppTreeCtrl in
> > http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/stackbuilder/wizard/AppSelect
> >io nPage.cpp?rev=1.10&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup. It's pretty
> > simple - we just toggle the node image as the user clicks.
>
> Didn't know you already did it, in another project. I will get a look at
> it. Thanks.

And so did I. I now have a new tab with the list of objects one can save.
You'll find attached a screenshot showing this.

I still have a few questions:

* Do you have any ideas for a better name on the tabs?
* Instead of "Database x", "Schema y", or "Table z", I can probably add the
icon with the checkbox. Not sure if it's really interesting, but it'll help
me to get ride of a dirty hack to get back the object's name.
* A user can set schema's restriction on a database. Should a user see (and
so backup) only the allowed schemas or should the backup bypass this
specific configuration? (I mean, if he tries to backup the whole database,
this configuration is already bypassed)

This patch is in the git repository, but still needs some work, for example to
allow the use of some 8.4 specific options. Moreover the schema and table
backup are actually broken. But it will be quite easy to fix. Expect a
complete patch tonight.

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org