Re: Some questions on the backup window

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: "pgadmin-hackers" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Some questions on the backup window
Date: 2009-12-10 16:05:44
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Le jeudi 10 décembre 2009 à 16:40:32, Dave Page a écrit :
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 3:34 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
>
> <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> > I did it yesterday. See the screenshot attached.
>
> Nice. Why are the tabs at the bottom though? If that's your code,
> rather than your theme, it should be changed to match the rest of the
> app.

Well, I didn't change that. It's already like that in 1.10.

> > I can't use the list from the grant wizard. It seems I will need to
> > create a new component to get a treeview with checkbox. And it won't be
> > easy.
>
> The GW lists different object types in a flat list,

It took me a while to understand what GW means :)

> so you could use it.

In my case, a flat list isn't enough. I need to know if all the objects of a
schema are checked, or only a few of them. If it is the former, I can use "-n
schemaname". If it is the latter, I have to use multiple "-t tablename".

> If you want a treeview with checkboxes, you could look at what I
> did for StackBuilder - for example the AppTreeCtrl in
> http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/stackbuilder/wizard/AppSelectio
> nPage.cpp?rev=1.10&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup. It's pretty simple -
> we just toggle the node image as the user clicks.

Didn't know you already did it, in another project. I will get a look at it.
Thanks.

Anyways, I knew the way to do it. My problem is that if I use that way, we'll
have checkbox that doesn't seem right on some platform. Let's say I use a
checkbox picture from Windows. Linux and Mac users will find that weird. I
don't think we'll want to use different pictures and show the one that better
fits the platform. Moreover, themes will break that right away. So I don't
really know what to do here.

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org