Re: Hi!

From: Adrian Klaver <aklaver(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hi!
Date: 2009-12-15 16:56:28
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On Tuesday 15 December 2009 7:21:54 am Daniela Mamede d'Almeida wrote:
> Hi List!
> After looking for a suitable pkg for a long time, I've found
> postgresql-devel-8.4.1-1PGDG.rhel4.x86_64.rpm which sounded like what I
> needed! But when I tried to install it, it asked for some dependencies,
> and those dependencies asked for other dependencies... and I almost got
> all Postgres pkg installed by the end, and that's not what I want.
> Isn't there a better way to get pg_config?
>
> Thanks a lot for your help!
> Daniela.

The thing to keep in mind is that pg_config is just a helper program. To quote
the docs:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/app-pgconfig.html

"The pg_config utility prints configuration parameters of the currently
installed version of PostgreSQL. It is intended, for example, to be used by
software packages that want to interface to PostgreSQL to facilitate finding
the required header files and libraries. "

In order for pg_config to work the other files/libraries need to be installed.

--
Adrian Klaver
aklaver(at)comcast(dot)net