Re: Some questions on the backup window

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: "pgadmin-hackers" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Some questions on the backup window
Date: 2009-12-10 16:51:01
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Le jeudi 10 décembre 2009 à 17:28:22, Dave Page a écrit :
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 4:18 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
>
> <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> > Am I the only one to think that a really native multiplatform tool is an
> > impossible goal to achieve? :)
>
> QT seems to do a reasonable job these days.

Yeah, you're right. But I see two major issues:

1. Qt is owned by a company. We can't be sure of Qt's future.
2. That would be a really hard and huge work to re-code everything to make
pgAdmin's work on Qt.

To lower #1 issue, I'm much more preoccupied by the lack of enhancements/work
in the new wxWidgets releases.

To lower #2 issue, we'll also have a big work to use wxWidgets 3.0.

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org