getting libpqd.lib and libpqd.dll for postgesql 8.4.1 on Vista with VS8 or cygwin g++

From: Mike Landis <mlandis(at)pnmx(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: getting libpqd.lib and libpqd.dll for postgesql 8.4.1 on Vista with VS8 or cygwin g++
Date: 2009-12-09 19:35:56
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I am trying to experiment with the libpqxx API and postgresql 8.4.1 on a
32-bit Vista machine.&nbsp; Libpqxx wants release and debug libraries for
libpq available.&nbsp; libpq.dll ships with the binary release of PG and
libpq.lib ships with the source tree, but debug versions have to be built
from source.&nbsp; Would it be a huge violation of release sensibilities
to bundle debug libs with the binary or source trees?<br><br>
Regardless of what the team decides long term, in the short term I need
to build win32 debug libraries for libpq (libpqd.dll, libpqd.lib) and
I've been unable to build them from source.<br><br>
At the command line using nmake, I get errors indicating that
pg_config_os.h and winsock2.h are being included multiple times...&nbsp;
suggesting that my include path is fouled up.<br><br>
Using cygwin make/g++, pg_config_os.h and winsock2.h are being included
multiple times... also the include path.<br><br>
When I try converting win32.mak into a VS8 project, it complains that it
can't convert the project.<br><br>
When I create a VS8 project from scratch, setting the include path to
&quot;D:\Programs\cygwin\usr\src\postgresql-8.4.1\src\include&quot;;&quot;C:\Program
Files\Microsoft\VS8\VC\include&quot;;D:\Programs\cygwin\usr\include<br>
What include path(s) should I be using with these compilers (cygwin
make/g++ or nmake/cl from VS8?<br><br>
Thanks,<br><br>
Mike Landis<br>

Attachment Content-Type Size