Re: enable-thread-safety defaults?

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Subject: Re: enable-thread-safety defaults?
Date: 2009-12-02 14:10:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > It would seem like we ought to try the one-liner patch Magnus proposed
> > (ie flip the default) and see what the effects are, before we go with
> > the much larger patch Bruce wrote.
>
> OK, done --- let the breakage begin. (I will be monitoring the build
> farm and will work with Andrew Dunstan on any issues.)

OK, only Unixware and OpenBSD went red on the buildfarm with threading
enabled, so I have applied the more complete patch to enable thread
safety on clients by default, e.g. doc changes.

Andrew Dunstan is going to contact those build farm members so they use
--disable-thread-safety. He has also agreed to update the buildfarm to
detect this new option behavior.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com