BUG #5207: unable to start postgresql server services

From: "denny saviant" <konohablueflash(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #5207: unable to start postgresql server services
Date: 2009-11-21 14:13:52
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 5207
Logged by: denny saviant
Email address: konohablueflash(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.4.1
Operating system: windows xp pro sp3
Details:

I installed my postgresql 8.4.1 successfully without any problems. But there
was a problem,the server service won't run. After spending hours of
searching i postgre mailing list. I able to solve it by following the
instruction in
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-admin/2006-05/msg00168.php .
which is by assigning Log on as local system account in services properties.
And voila, it works..

couple days later, this kind of trouble come again exactly after i restart
w3svc service and restart my PC. (i know it after checking the log).

And here's the windows event log that shows the failure..

Waiting for server startup...

LOG: unrecognized "log_destination" key word: "stdmsg"

FATAL: invalid value for parameter "log_destination": "stdmsg"

Is there anyone know how to solve this?
I am currently using this postgresql server as my dbms of choice to finish
my minor project assignment in college.

Thanks a lot..
Regards..

Denny