Re: New mug design

From: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <adsmail(at)wars-nicht(dot)de>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New mug design
Date: 2009-11-16 08:35:41
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 08:46:01 +0100 Magnus Hagander wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 08:42, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 6:13 AM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Just an elephant-logo mug probably won't go very far here; we were
> >> practically forcing the EDB mugs on people (for free) once we got to the
> >> last box.
> >
> > We don't seem to have much of a problem selling mugs.
>
> Nope.. They're not as popular as the plush elephants, but they're
> definitely not hard to sell.

Yep. It's not a problem to sell a box with mugs on a conference,
especially events like FOSDEM.

> >> The other option in the US would be an *inexpensive* travel mug made
> >> from recycled plastic, if we could locate such a thing; then we'd be
> >> "green conferencing".
> >
> > Nice idea.
>
> Yeah.

+1

I like this idea. And you can even use this to spend a mug with a
free soft drink to a stand visitor, once you started a talk with
him. He won't go away until the mug is empty ;-)

> Another more high-end option would be one of those thermos mugs.
> Obviously a lot more expensive, but quite popular.

I can try. But for this we definitely need a better design ...

Bye

--
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group