BUG #5184: default tablespace owner is not dumped

From: "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #5184: default tablespace owner is not dumped
Date: 2009-11-13 05:34:20
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 5184
Logged by: Robert Haas
Email address: robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: CVS HEAD
Operating system: Linux
Details:

The following command does not change the output of "pg_dumpall":

alter tablespace pg_default owner to bob;

But this one does:

alter tablespace foo owner to bob;

The problem is that we only emit CREATE TABLESPACE commands for non-system
tablespaces. That is correct, but it seems like we might need to emit ALTER
TABLESPACE commands instead for system tablespaces.