Re: postgres 8.4 authentication with LDAP

From: Olivier Nicole <Olivier(dot)Nicole(at)cs(dot)ait(dot)ac(dot)th>
To: on(at)cs(dot)ait(dot)ac(dot)th
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgres 8.4 authentication with LDAP
Date: 2009-10-02 01:15:07
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

Well I reply to myself...

> I am new to Postgres, but not so new with LDAP.
> [...]
> In pg_hba.conf I have the line (wrapped for email purpose, in the
> file, it's a single line):
>
> host all all 192.41.170.0/24 ldap
> ldapserver=ldap.cs.ait.ac.th ldapport=636 ldapprefx="uid="
> ldapsuffix=",ou=People,ou=csim,dc=cs,dc=ait,dc=ac,dc=th"

I was tired yesterday evening, enabling some debuging, I immediately
found the typo: ldapprefx should be ldapprefix.

But the other question remains and are very important to me:

- most configuration I have set so far need to specify a version for
ldap, version 3, how to specify the version number?

- my ldap server supports SSL (ldaps://ldap.cs.ait.ac.th), but not
TLS, how can I configure that?

- each user un ldap have some attributes saying that he is allowed to
use one or the other service, how to set a filter in postgres
options to ldap?

Best regards,

Olivier