BUG #5070: Drop <schema> cascade fails on 8.4

From: "Cedric Berger" <cedric(at)berger(dot)to>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #5070: Drop <schema> cascade fails on 8.4
Date: 2009-09-21 13:46:51
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 5070
Logged by: Cedric Berger
Email address: cedric(at)berger(dot)to
PostgreSQL version: 8.4.1
Operating system: Mac OS X, 10.6.1
Details:

I've a schema with actually 409 tables.
I've made a default installation of postgresql on the mac
(Installer version Version 8.4.1-1 from enterprise db).

Unfortunately, since I upgraded from 8.3, I cannot drop
these kind of schema anymore:

postgres=# drop schema hard_12 cascade
postgres-# ;
WARNING: out of shared memory
ERROR: out of shared memory
HINT: You might need to increase max_locks_per_transaction.

I've tried to double max_locks_per_transaction, double the values
of SHMMAX/SHMALL, there is no difference...

I had no issue with drop cascade with postgresql 8.2 and 8.3

Please let me know what more information is needed to help you
debug that problem.