Re: Triggers on columns

From: Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Triggers on columns
Date: 2009-09-03 07:25:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com> wrote:

> Itagaki-san, isn't it more suitable to check rte->modifiedCols
> than heap_tuple_attr_equals()? Although, this information is
> not delivered to executor...

I'd like to check conditions by comparing actual values but not
a target of UPDATE statement because I think almost user expects
the former behavior. Unmodified UPDATE-targets are common case
if we use a framework that generates SQL statements internally.

Anyway, we need to compare the actual values if we want to treat
NEW value modifed by another trigger correctly.

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro
NTT Open Source Software Center