Re: How to get the all tables, triggers, fuctions available in my database

From: Andreas Kretschmer <akretschmer(at)spamfence(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to get the all tables, triggers, fuctions available in my database
Date: 2009-08-22 15:13:15
Lists: pgsql-novice

Jignesh Shah <jignesh(dot)shah1980(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have connected to my databade "mydb". I want to check how many tables
> triggers, fuctions available in this database. What commands I should use for
> this? Is there any system table that PostgreSQL maintains to which I can query
> for this?

There are some tables/views in information_schema.* and pg_* and, of
course, our documentation.

For instance, information_schema.tables contains all tables.

Andreas
unintentional side effect. (Linus Torvalds)
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly." (unknown)
Kaufbach, Saxony, Germany, Europe. N 51.05082°, E 13.56889°