using the schema in postbooks

From: John <jfabiani(at)yolo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: using the schema in postbooks
Date: 2009-08-07 13:42:07
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
There is an accounting system called postbooks that uses Postgres for the
backend. I just downloaded the program yesterday. What is interesting is
within one database there are two schemas (api and public). The 'api' schema
is a bunch of views. The interesting part is if you update a view in
the 'api' it updates a table in the 'public' schema. Could someone explain
how that works? I was not aware that within a databases that the schema's
could talk to each other.

I looked in the doc's (that I have) but did not find an entry that describes
doing anything similar.

Johnf